Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine Magnets


Valentine Magnets

Week 2 of the 5 Weeks of Love Challenge

As we enter week 2 of the 5 Weeks of Love Challenge I wanted to add something that not only has to be used during Valentine’s day but they are cute enough to be left up for however long you like. I love magnets because I like to hang things for reminders, to hand our little ones art work, or just little love notes to the hubby. What better way to hang those cute little notes then with a magnet of love.
So there is an ever abundance of these bottle cap images going around and I never have those type of caps lying around here, I decided to try something with some of these images. This was actually a really fun paper project that can be easily made on your pc and printed on your printer. Once again I acquired some of these bottle cap images from Listia, I didn’t want to take the time of designing my own just yet, however I did just recently finish my first set. I was able to pick up these cute Valentines Day images for very few points and seeing how they were already made to size all I had to do was print them out.

The supplies I used were those 1 inch decorative clear stones (which I picked up at my local wal-mart for a little over $3.00 for a 3 lb bag), hot glue, your 1 inch images cut out, and a magnet strip. Make sure when picking out your magnets that you use a heavier duty magnet, seeing how the stones are a bit heavy. You don’t want them to drop every time you shut your refrigerator door. The process is actually quit easy, however because of the hot glue this isn’t a project I would let the kids work on by themselves.


The first thing you do is take your 1 inch circular image and place it on your workspace. Apply a decent amount of hot glue on top of the face of the image.

 Then take your stone and press it down over the image, making sure the hot glue has covered the entire image between the stone and the image. This will make for a clearer image.

The next step is to take your stone and flip it over and apply a decent amount of hot glue to the back, then securing the magnet onto the back of the image. Make sure when doing this last process that you make sure there are no big lumps that make the magnet stick out far on one side otherwise you will have an unstable stone that will most likely fall on one of your toes.

Really that is all there is to it. I decided to take some of my silver glitter nail polish and painted the backs of them just for a little extra bling.
Below are some other magnets that I did that are great gifts birthdays, holidays, or just because.
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment

Looking Forward.....

As I sit here and dust off the cobwebs to my tiny ghost town of a blog, I am excited to make a fresh start and slowly get back to what...