Monday, February 27, 2012

Stamping with Embossing Ink

How many of you stampers LOVE using embossing powder? I do, but have you ever used an embossing pad to resist ink? If you haven't, this post is going to walk you through the steps!

Please bare with me, I sold my good camera to buy a new one (which I had to order) and my older camera doesn't seem to be working. As soon as I can take some pictures, I'll add them to this post!

What you need:
  • glossy card stock (I use photo paper)
  • embossing ink pad (I'm a Stampin' Up girl so I use the VersaMark)
  • rubber brayer 
  • stamp(s)
  • ink pad
  1. Using the embossing ink pad, stamp an image(s) on your glossy paper. The image you choose will be hard to see.
  2. Let it dry (should only take a few moments.)
  3. Completely cover your brayer with ink. Multi-color ink pads also work for this, just make sure you don't mix the colors too much when covering the brayer.
  4. Roll brayer over the glossy paper. The more ink used, the more the stamped images pop but it all depends on the style your looking for. 
  5. Wipe off any excess ink with a paper towel.
I love using this technique for a background!

Hope you enjoyed this simple but fun technique!

Want to know my absolutely favorite technique when I stamp or scrapbook?? Watch for another post from me later in the week to find out!! Full description of how to accomplish this technique will be included in the post!


Until next craft....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment

Looking Forward.....

As I sit here and dust off the cobwebs to my tiny ghost town of a blog, I am excited to make a fresh start and slowly get back to what...