Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Meet Crystal











“Hi! I’m a wife and mom of two boys. All three are my world! If I’m not spending time with my family or working, I crochet and I have to admit, I am somewhat addicted. Other crafts I love to do would be scrapbooking, card making, photography and I love to cook! I love getting and trying new recipes but almost always make them my own by changing them slightly. I also love making and playing homemade games with my children and younger siblings!

 I’m very excited to be a partner for this blog and hope to bring you some new crafting ideas as well as share my hobbies with all of you! ”I’m a right-side brain thinker! I love to be creative and I love to craft. Crocheting though hasn’t always been my most cherished craft. I never even thought it an option as something I would like but towards the end of my last pregnancy, I was put on strict limitations which were very close to bed rest, and the next step if my condition worsened. I had to keep off my feet and TV just doesn’t catch my interest most of the time. Shortly before being limited and right after finding out we were having another boy, I ordered a hand-made hanging newborn pod for his newborn pictures. Then being on restrictions, I realized I wanted to make something for our upcoming arrival. I searched the Internet and found a pattern for a newborn hammock and knew it was what I wanted to make. That same day I ordered special knitting needles and bought some yarn. When the needles finally arrive, I self-taught myself to knit by watching You Tube videos. As my knitting patterns increased, I learned more about crocheting but vowed not to get into it because it would be just another thing I would be blowing money on (buying my knitting patterns were starting to rack up by then.) I laugh at that now. Of course, I eventually gave in and now that I know how to crochet, I am completely in love with the art of crochet!

Crocheting photo props is where I started and am just starting to expand into some clothing and everyday items. It seems, no matter what I’m making, as long as its crochet, I’m happy! It is my meditation, my comfort, my ‘out’ and I’m happy to be sharing it with all of you!






To follow Photo Jewels on Facebook click Here
You can also follow her other blog Here
Photos taken by Kelly Smith Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment

Looking Forward.....

As I sit here and dust off the cobwebs to my tiny ghost town of a blog, I am excited to make a fresh start and slowly get back to what...