Friday, February 17, 2012

Homemade "Baby Bottle" Pin Cushion






I am big on upcycling so it was only right that when we were done having our child and knew that we couldn’t have more I decided to use the left over bottles for storage. These are great for storing , buttons, beads, pins, small embellishments, the list can go on and on. The other night I was looking at all the left over bottles and started filling them with all my odds and ends. I wanted to share this one because last week I had posted about upscaling your tomatoes and wanted to share that you don’t have to have a tomato to store your unused sewing pins.

I really like the way this one turned out.

The supplies I used were:
  • Hot Glue
  • 1 Large Chenille pom poms
  • 1 Baby Bottle
  • 1 4×4 in square fabric
  • 1 6 in piece of ribbon

First I glued the Pom Pom onto the bottle cover.

Then I took the fabric and glued it over the pom-pom to the bottom edge of the bottle cover.
Next cut off your access fabric so that its flush with the bottom of the cover.
Then take your ribbon and glue it around the bottom for a little decoration and to hide anything from the fabric after being cut.

What do you use to store your odds and ends?


Happy Sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment

Looking Forward.....

As I sit here and dust off the cobwebs to my tiny ghost town of a blog, I am excited to make a fresh start and slowly get back to what...