Friday, February 1, 2013

Feature Me Friday Week 5



So the past couple of weeks I have been featuring a lot of crochet sites but yarn is not my only favorite fiber. I love fabric and this year I am on a mission to do a lot more sewing. One goal I had set for myself was to try Free Motion Quilting. I am just in aw when I see the beautiful work that I see all over using this technique and I just have to try it.

Just this week I was asking around where I could find a good free motion quilting tutorial and then low and behold I open up an email and and my quilting prayers had been answered. I want to give an awesome warm welcome to Alyssa with



This month she started an AMAZING series called Skill Builder Block of the Month.  This week she did a very informational lesson on Free Motion Quilting

Free Motion Quilting Lesson #1 // Skill Builder BOMShe gives a breakdown from your quilting feet to how to design your path you will take while FMQ. I can't even tell you how ecstatic I was when I saw this in my email. 

Included in the post are 7 videos showing you various steps and tips to help you along the way. I am a fairly new fan of the Pile o Fabric website but I know now that I am most likely a lifer. I can't wait to keep following this series. I know I will end up learning a lot from Alyssa and I definitely look forward to seeing more of her work. 

If you haven't already stop on over at Pile O' Fabric and take a look around, I can almost guarantee that you will find something you like. She really is nothing less than amazing. 

You can also follow Alyssa on her Facebook Fan Page


Happy Crafting

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment

Looking Forward.....

As I sit here and dust off the cobwebs to my tiny ghost town of a blog, I am excited to make a fresh start and slowly get back to what...