Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday Summertime Highlights #2






  Kicking off our 2nd week of Summer Highlights is


Sarah


 The Kukla Dolls Quilt



The summer sun has shined down onto this beautiful quilt just in time to kick off summer. This piece just screamed summer when I first saw this quilt last week. 


 The bright oranges and yellow's, accented with a beautiful hue of blue just brings out the gorgeous summer colors and not to mention that the little Kukla Dolls are just so darn cute. 

 

This quilt also features a full panel of that lovely blue love bird print on the back panel



Sarah from Sarah Sews Quilting Blog was so kind to let us feature this stunning quilt. Last week when I was doing my daily link ups I came across Sarah's Blog and immediately became a follower. Sarah definitely has some talent when it comes to color combos and piecing things together to become a work of art.  



I wanted to make another cot sized quilt that was a complete departure from the usual colors I would go for (ie. girly pink, florals, blues, purples etc.) and so it was a nice change and a lot of fun using such vibrant colors.  I loved doing the bright orange hand quilting too.  Yes, I hand quilted the whole thing with diagonal lines; I must have too much time on my hands!  But I really like the effect so I think it was worth the time investment. 


I want to thank Sarah for letting me feature this beautiful quilt. If you like this piece you should go check out some of her other work. Here is a sneak peak at her latest creation, which was done with one of my favorite fabric collections " a walk in the woods"

Isn't it Beautiful!




I always love to hear from my readers. What is your favorite part of this Gorgeous Summery Quilt? 
If you have an item that you would like to see featured during our summer feature event then please email me at smalltowndreamz@gmail.com   Subject "Summertime Highlights"








Happy Crafting







Just a reminder for those that will be joining along in the Tetris Themed Crochet-A-Long...I have a Sign up list on our Facebook Page for the participants to be invited to a temporary group on Facebook so that you can talk with the other participants or myself about any questions you may have. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment

Looking Forward.....

As I sit here and dust off the cobwebs to my tiny ghost town of a blog, I am excited to make a fresh start and slowly get back to what...