Sunday, November 2, 2014

Worldwide Artists Blog Hop

It's MY TURN!!!!!! 

I was invited to participate in the Worldwide Artists Blog Hop earlier this month.  This is a blog hop of all sorts of creative artisians from all over the world share their answers to 4 questions.
I was nominated by Lisa from Pink Snail Boutique. I met Lisa online through the Mad Mad Makers and we have been good friends ever since. She is truly an inspiration to me with everything she does.  I am determined to go meet her and her family one day. 
Now on to the 4 questions.
Why do I do what I do? Smalltown Dreamz started after I got sick and couldn't go back to work. I need an outlet so I could still feel like I was doing something. After my oldest started school I was home by myself during the day and was able to focus a lot more of my attention to my business and get it to a place that I wanted to be at. Now that I have my 2nd child I can't wait to get some new designs out there. Photos are great when you have a real live model on hand haha. 
How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I would say that everyone has their own unique touch to everything we do. There are tons of crochet business out there but each person has that one touch that makes it theirs. I had started designing decor but just recently I am starting to move into item you can wear.  
How does my creative process work?
I do a lot of brainstorming, research, sketching and it all goes into a giant notebook that I have all my ideas in. I like that when I look through it there is just a collection of my thoughts and ideas that I bring to life. I also love lists. I have a long crochet bucketlist that I will eventually work through. 
What am I working on now? 

I am currently working on a diaper cover and have plans for a new hat in the works. Designing is getting easier when you have a real life model on hand. I have noticed that boy patterns are harder to come by so am hoping to come up with a few. 

Now I would like to introduce you to 2 of my blogging/crafty friends. Crystal from Crystalized Designs and pam from Sincerely Pam
Happy Crafting
Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment

Looking Forward.....

As I sit here and dust off the cobwebs to my tiny ghost town of a blog, I am excited to make a fresh start and slowly get back to what...